Wednesday 22 August 2007

Pocket PCs and Embedded Visual C++

Personnaly when I started my PhD I had no idea how will be the programming on Pocket PCs. As someone used to programming in C++ using Visual C++ and MFC I was looking for a platform not much different in programming. I came across with Palm and HP Pocket PC both running windows CE. For the personal taste I chose HP Pocket PC and eventually I started programming using Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ (EVC). It was exciting to develop applications on a handheld device without learning a new language. EVC is a powerful IDE and as it was mentioned similar to the VC++ and most of all it is free to download from Microsoft:
Download EVC++ from Microsoft Website

There is a nice powerpoint file illustrating the programming on mobile devices, EVC:
programming on mobile devices

No comments: